1) Dana hates redwood, it dents too easily. She recommends you don't use it.
2) Purple heart doesn't absorb glue quickly. I think the reason Adon's joint opened back up was that there was too much pressure on the other clamp below when he took the top clamp off. Looks like it worked out with a few more hours of clamping pressure.
3) Remember we have a new trick for sharpening cabinet scrapers. After you file, burnish the burr vertically, Then horizontally, for a better result.
4) The jointer knives have a lot of nicks in them. You may want to move the fence around to find a spot with no nicks.
5) My random orbit sander is in the tool room for you all to check out.