Saturday, September 25, 2010

Zero1 in Cupertino!

I had the opportunity to volunteer for Zero1 at the Euphrat Museum of Art in Cupertino last Saturday. Their preview to the current exhibition Learn to Play featured artists and curators giving the public an opportunity to understand the art and politics in learning to play games of all media, hi-tech and low-tech. It was a pleasure to talk with SJSU Faculty James Morgan about this exhibition. My two children, 12 and 4, were able to participate in the exhibition preview (something for everyone) and there was a sock puppet event that was a blast to mix hands on craft with digital media. I am a low-tech artist and was quite intimidated by the hi-tech art, but needless to say, that's just me. My son on the other hand was very inspired by the work that these artists produced. Check out this museum, as it always has something fun going on.

http://www.deanza.edu/euphrat/inthemuseum.html

Also, talking with Diana Argabrite, Director of Arts and Schools Program at the Euphrat, there are 1st Thursday night events that are free to attend with open mic and poetry. I live across the street from De Anza College and will be attending this October with my kids. It would be nice to have more SJSU familiar faces there to support/enjoy the arts of our local community.

No comments: