Monday, February 9, 2009

Japanese wood joints


Long time reader, first time blogger. I thought that because we are discussing wood joints that I would show you all wood joints on steroids. Japanese wood joinery can be very elaborate and complex in its geometry. They are like puzzles and require a great deal of skill and craftsmanship to create. Some of these are ultra complex but elegant. I have to admit though, that even I question why make it so complex... and that's saying a lot coming from me; but the answer is clear: because someone can!
If you want to learn more about Japanese wood joinery, there are many descent books on the subject. Here's one at Amazon: Art of Japanese Joinery.

1 comment:

Squerl said...

If this is the simple stuff I can't wait to see the more intricate examples! Squerl